Client Information Processing Policy
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We recognise our obligation to respect and protect the confidentiality of your personal information. For this reason we have developed this policy to govern the processing of your information. Please read and consider this document carefully since it sets out our intended use of such information. We will require your consent to the terms contained in this policy before we permit you to use our site. By agreeing to these terms, you consent to us collecting, holding, processing, using and disclosing your personal information on the basis and for the purposes described in this document.
Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” or “our” herein we are referring to the Stellenbosch Nanofiber Company (Pty) Ltd, a company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Our principal place of business is at 7 Marconi Road, Montague Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa but we recommend you contact us via telephone at +27 (0)21 551 1441 or electronic mail at email@example.com.
How we collect information
We may collect information about you as follows:
- From you, including when you submit forms, or requests or transactions or when you use our web sites;
- From public registers, credit bureaus, money laundering, fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies;
- From our business partners and the persons employed by us to provide services for us, which may include debt collection services, communications services and data hosting, processing and management services;
- From such other persons as you may consent to or which may be legally entitled to provide us with information about you.
We may also make enquiries with anyone for the purposes of verifying the accuracy of information already given to us.
Information we may hold
We may record and hold the following types of information about you:
- All information of the type as contained in the forms and documents submitted by you to us as well as any other details about you that you may provide to us subsequently, including your name, contact details, age, identity number, assets, liabilities, income and payment records;
- Information we used to process your requests which you submitted to us and to assess your status from time to time, including as received pursuant to our enquiries with public registers, credit bureaus, money laundering, fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies;
- Details of your preferences regarding our products or services, and other demographic and lifestyle information;
- Details of any transactions entered into between you and us; and
- Details of when you contact us and when we contact you, including the IP addresses, electronic mail addresses and telephone numbers you contact us from and the content of the communications between us, which we may record.
We may hold your information collected hereunder for up to as long as may be required or permitted by applicable law.
Why we need your information
We collect and will process your information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests, including relating to the supply of products and services and for making related decisions, including by verifying your identity, status, contact details, financial track record and otherwise ascertaining that you qualify to make use of or purchase our products;
- To take such actions as may be required to exercise our rights and comply with our obligations with regards to the supply of products or services, including processing and recording your requests and transactions, and by communicating with you regarding your use of our products and services and collecting payments you may owe us;
- To ensure that the information we receive and hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date;
- To prevent, investigate and prosecute abuse of our products and services and other unlawful activities;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, for audit purposes and legal proceedings;
- To conduct market research and business analysis, understand your preferences, learn more about the products and services that you are interested in and improve the products and services we offer;
- to inform and provide you with the opportunity to make use of products and services that we offer and that we believe may be of interest to you to the extent that we are lawfully permitted to do so; and
- For such other purposes as you may consent to or as may otherwise be lawfully permitted, including for the purposes of protecting our and/or your legitimate interests and/or that of our suppliers and other customers.
Please note that we will not contact you telephonically for unsolicited marketing purposes or send unsolicited marketing communications to you by mail, facsimile, SMS or electronic mail if you have objected to receiving such communications by way of a public register recognised for such purposes by law or by notifying us of your objection in the prescribed manner. We will provide you with reasonable opportunities to object to receiving marketing communications in the manner prescribed by law, including upon your agreeing to receive such communications and on each occasion when we send you such communications.
Sharing your information
Keeping your personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We cannot disclose your information unless legally permitted thereto. Save as set out below, we will not transfer your personal information to a third party without your consent unless legally obliged thereto. You agree that we may transfer your information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the processing purposes set out in this policy:
- To the entities in our company group, including to the directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors of such entities;
- To any other person that supplies or makes available a product we provide to you insofar as it pertains to your use of such product;
- To credit bureaus, fraud prevention agencies and governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies and agencies;
- To persons employed by us to provide services on our behalf that adhere to principles similar to ours regarding the treatment of your information, including data hosting, processing and management services;
- To any person to whom we cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to the products or services provided by us or contracts concluded by us;
- To any person that acts as your executor of your estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To such other persons as may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to.
Please note that our sharing of your information may also involve the transfer thereof to third parties located outside of South Africa. In the event of such transfer we will require that such third party also subscribes to protecting your information on principles similar to the principles of this policy.
We will strive at all times to ensure that your records will always be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or loss. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure your information, including by using appropriate cryptographic techniques and access control mechanisms. If we use a third party to host, manage or process your data on our behalf we will require that such third party also commit to implementing appropriate reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure your information. If we are not prevented by a law enforcement or regulatory agency, we will notify you as soon as practicably possible in writing and at your registered postal or email address if we believe that unauthorised access to your information may have occurred, providing you with such information as you may reasonably require to implement protective measures.
When you visit our site we may collect certain information about your usage preferences and history. Such information will be stored in a cookie on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. Cookies are intended to assist and improve your use of our web sites. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our site.
Every time you connect to our web sites we store web server logs which show your IP address (the unique number which your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet); what you looked at; whether the page request was successful or not, and which browser you used to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical and personalisation purposes only. This helps us understand which areas of the site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells us how many hits and page requests we get.
Your rights regarding your information
Provided that you give us suitable and adequate proof of your identity, you have the right:
- To know which records we hold about you;
- If processing by us of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw such consent at any time, provided that this shall not affect the lawfulness of processing which occurred prior to such withdrawal;
- To object to the further collection, processing, recording, protection, use or sharing of your personal information by us at any time, which shall include the right to object to the processing by us of your personal information for specific purposes;
- to require us to correct, erase or cease processing information or records we hold about you that we are no longer permitted to retain, or which are inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or has been unlawfully obtained; and
- to the extent that we are lawfully required to do so, to request that we provide you with records of information which you have provided to us which has been processed by us using automated means.
Any of the above can be done by submitting a written request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify you of the steps taken as a result of your request. We will not be obliged to provide you with information or agree to your request to the extent that we are prohibited thereto by applicable law, if compliance would unreasonably prejudice our legitimate interests or that of a third party, or if we have a legal basis upon which to deny your request. Please note that we may require a reasonable period to comply with your request.